Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Beast Is Dead

That is, my trusty (in retrospect, not so trusty) ginormous laptop bit the dust yesterday. No sputtering, no groaning or coughing or BSODs -- just a rather surprising shutdown while I was in the middle of proofreading a paper. At least it didn't suffer long? :\

The good news is that my data is intact, and a friend will likely be able to hook me up with a cheap laptop and all the software I lost. But I'm still mourning the loss of my bulky yet hardcore machine (complete with a wide screen and enough space for a full keyboard). That laptop was supposed to outlive my now five-year-old desktop, but it couldn't even make it to two and a half years. Disappointing.

Not nearly as disappointing as the elections outcome, but I can't even think about that right now. Seriously, I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment