Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wily Wednesdays - Atheist Art

A few months ago, Seattle Atheists held a t-shirt design contest under the theme "Atheists coming out." I didn't come close to creating a winning design, but I made something that wasn't horrible, so I'll submit it here. In an effort to create something that was eye-catching and represented both our mission and our geographical location, I used a Pacific Northwest Indian art style, contained within the shape of an atom, and whose center resembles an eye. The end result got a little too busy, even though it's much simpler than my original idea, which was to illustrate, using that same art style, each major stage in the human evolution chain within each electron orbital segment. Yeah, I tried to do too much with this concept, in a style I'm completely unfamiliar with. Nonetheless, I still like the image, even if it wasn't popular.

1 comment:

  1. I still like this one too and think it was better than most of what was submitted for the contest. You should have gotten a lot more recognition for this piece.

    ReplyDelete