Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sanity Restored?

So despite being in the grips of the plague that's been going around, I just had to force myself out of bed at 7:30 a.m. to attend Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity, Seattle edition (complete with cold and rain). I'm glad I did. The turnout for just Seattle surpassed my expectations (not to mention how many showed up in D.C.), and apparently there were satellite rallies happening all over the world. I needed this. It makes me feel hopeful again.

I love Stewart's comments at the end. If we ever hope to bring rationality back into political discourse, we need to look beyond party lines and work together. That is what America's supposed to be about. Pass it on.



And now for something slightly different...Even Beaker decided to make an appearance at the rally. Kudos to my friend Kyle for a superb costume, and Megan for being an awesome muppet model:

No comments:

Post a Comment